Tuesday, August 18, 2009

God-shaped (A Mother’s Day reflection)


I woke up to a beautiful morning with a beautiful and touching Mother’s Day card from my husband and a toothless big grin from my son. After savoring the moment, I got up and read our desk calendar that contains daily messages of inspiration and Bible verses. The first line that I read from it today struck me. It said, “The process of shaping a child shapes also the mother herself.”

Motherhood has truly changed me and shaped me into the woman that I am today. I could not think of a better description but being “God-shaped.” God has patiently shaped and molded me into the mother that I am now. He has blessed me with wisdom and His instructions never left my side. He has been my guide these past months. He enables me to skillfully watch over our household and He provides me with inspiration unceasingly so I could make our home beautiful both figuratively and literally.

As I fully grasp the reality and responsibility of raising a child, I rely more on God’s abounding mercy and love. I know that there is much to learn, do and sacrifice to achieve my goal of raising a godly and God-loving child. But with God as my teacher and role model, I’m confident that I would be able to do what He has called me to do. I pray for God’s grace to constantly yield to Him so He could continuously mold and fashion me into the woman He has envisioned me to be – God-shaped.

“She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” (Proverbs 31:26-27)


TG
051009

No comments:

Post a Comment