Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Handy Helper for My Baby’s Laundry


I have just finished doing the laundry. We still do not have a maid so I had to do my son’s laundry. We send the rest of our laundry to the laundry shop except for his clothes and bed linen because we use a mild laundry detergent safe for babies for them. We’ve been using Cycles since he was born and we’re very satisfied especially since my baby’s skin is extra sensitive just like his Dad’s. It’s hypoallergenic and phosphate free. It does not contain harsh chemicals like fabric softeners, optical brighteners, bleach, dyes or enzymes which can be harmful to my baby’s sensitive skin. That’s why it’s recommended by pediatricians. But being safe on my baby’s skin is not the only reason that I like this laundry detergent a lot.

Here are my others reasons:


1. It’s budget-friendly. - A 1 kg box costs only Php264.00 and it lasts for at least a month. You only use ¾ to 1 scoop for a light load; 1 ½ to 1 ¾ scoops for a medium load and 2 to 2 ½ scoops for a heavy load. The dirt and stains are easily removed once clothes are soaked on the detergent solution which makes it easy to use if you decide to hand wash your baby’s clothes. Lately, I’ve been using the washing machine to wash my baby’s clothes because my hands get damaged easily even with mild laundry detergents which brings me to reason number two.


2. You can use it both to hand wash clothes or wash them in the washing machine. – This is very important to me now that I don’t have a maid. I need to do a lot of multitasking. I usually wash my son’s clothes while he’s sleeping. But on rare occasions like this afternoon wherein he woke up earlier than usual, it helps that we have a washing machine that enable me to wash his clothes and play with him at the same time. In between, washing, rinsing and drying cycles, I get to play and dance with my little boy.


3. It’s very effective. – As I’ve said earlier, it cleans dirt very effectively. You just have to soak stained clothes for 30 minutes before washing. But if your baby’s clothes get stained while you’re out of the house, Cycles has another product that works really wonders on our baby’s clothes – Cycles Stain Pretreater Pen. I use this usually on his bibs. Just remove the stained piece of clothing from your baby and use the pen to soak the stain while outside the house. Then, use another Cycles product – Stain Soaker – or the regular Cycles mild detergent to soak and wash the stained clothing at home. I only use the Cycles Stain Soaker for very stubborn stains on my baby’s clothes.



Pediatricians recommend its use from baby’s birth until your baby turns 3 years old. Yanthy has just turned 2 years old so we have one more year before we stop using this product but I don’t really mind. This line of products is so great that I recommend it to other moms like me. They’ve helped me deal with the dirty stuff without sacrificing my baby’s sensitive skin. Try it!

1 comment: