Thursday, January 31, 2013

Light on a Lampstand

“Is a lamp brought in to be placed under a bushel basket or under a bed, and not to be placed on a lampstand?" Mark 4:21
 
I was struck with this verse this morning when I meditated on the readings for I felt God speak to me through it.  I could relate to the lamp being placed on a lampstand because of the current turn of events in my life.  I feel honored and privileged to carry the Light of Christ and be used by Him and be put on a lampstand by Him so that I could help point  the way to Him.

"Let us hold unwaveringly to our confession that gives us hope, for he who made the promise is trustworthy. We must consider how to rouse one another to love and good works."  These verses from Hebrews 10:23-24 encourage me to hold fast to my faith and to the hope God has given.  Through these verses, God affirms me that He wants me to continue giving witness to Him in ways I know best to inspire others to have faith in Him as well.
 
The following lines from today's reflection in Didache assures me that as I listen to God's voice in my heart, I will find my way and He will bless my every step. 

It’s my position as His child to listen for His cues as His plan unfolds. How well my year will play out will depend on how I listen to His leading and voice each step of the way...
 
Hearing God’s voice means paying attention to circumstances, counsel, and that sense of peace that surpasses all understanding. When all of these mesh well, we can move forth to follow God’s command for us, with the assurance that we’ve heard Him right. - Martine de Luna
 
Lastly, I praise and thank God once more for speaking to me through the reflection for today at Loyola Press 3 Minute Retreat entitled The Gift of Faith

 
I felt God give me inspiration and direction on how I would begin my sharing/testimony on Sunday at The Feast in PICC.

 

Like Philip, I felt a strong prompting from the Lord to speak about Him and His works in my life countless times -- sometimes to people I know and at other times to people I hardly know.  My most recent experience of this was last Friday at Feast Sucat.  I am amazed at how God has used me to inspire others to have faith in Him so that they can be generous enough to give even from their need.  I was also blessed with greater faith that night and after. 




I thank God for helping me act on His prompting and the grace to seize the opportunities He has given me to speak about Him and His works in my life.  I thank Him for paving the way for me to be a light on His lampstand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment