Sunday, January 11, 2015

ABUNDANCE: One Word for the Year 2015 (#OneWord)

It was the first day of the New Year. I was checking my Facebook Account when a post from a friend (actually my husband's cousin) caught my eye. He shared a photo with the Bible verse Jeremiah 29:11. I felt at that moment that God has given me confirmation for my One Word for the Year.
 
I have thought of my One Word for the year days before 2014 ended but I was waiting for God to confirm with me that this was indeed the WORD  that He wanted me to embrace and live out more fully this new year. I was waiting for God to lead me to a Bible verse that would resonate within my soul and affirm me that I have chosen the right word for me this 2015.
 
I knew that I could just Google the word abundance and search for Bible verses related to it and that would easily give me a Bible verse that would support my choice for my One Word this year. But that's not how I want to do it. I wanted God to give me the confirmation that I wanted. That way, I know that it wasn't just me who chose that WORD, but that God wanted me to choose it as well.
 
That's why on January 1, I felt my heart leap for joy when I read these words from my friend's Facebook status.
 
"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future," declares the Lord.
 
That very moment I knew that I already have my One Word for the Year 2015. And not only that. With the confirmation I was waiting and asking for, I got my Bible verse for the year as well! What a wonderful gift from God on the first day of the New Year! I am one blessed child of God!
 
Jeremiah 29:11 is a familiar verse for me. It has been one of my favorite Bible verses since I was in college. It thrilled me that God has given me this verse as my Bible Verse for the Year.

Days after this happened, I saw another post in my Facebook feed that confirmed again my choice for my One Word. This time it was a photo shared by Joel Osteen.


I couldn't help but smile. I knew that it was God again speaking to me through that photo.

So, the other day, I made a new cover photo for my Facebook account. It's my way of reminding myself of my One Word and my Bible verse for the year every time I check my Facebook account .



I also felt that God has given me my song for the year through this song. I've decided that I will sing this song at least once a day to claim in faith the ABUNDANCE that God will rain down on me this year.




Yesterday, I bought a copy of one of the devotionals based on Joel Osteen's books. The title of this devotional is Daily Readings from Break Out! I started reading it as soon as I laid hands on it in the bookstore. I read the reading for yesterday and I felt that I found a devotional that God would use to remind and enable me to live out my One Word for the Year.

Last year, my One Word was SHINE. True enough, God enabled me live out my One Word in many ways, but most especially through the fulfillment of my God-sized dreams. Thus, I am all the more excited for 2015. I claim as early as now that this will be a year of ABUNDANCE for me! This will be another breakthrough year because this is God's Will for me.

The reading today in my new devotional affirmed this through another Bible verse:

The Lord answered, "I will be with you." Judges 6:16

My current circumstances do not perfectly manifest my One Word yet. But I believe that it will happen this year as I have envisioned it because God is with me. I know in my heart that God was the One who gave me that vision and who led me to this Word and this verse. One of the verses from the First Reading today supports my belief. It says, "so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; my word shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it."

What's your One Word and Verse for the Year? I would love to know also.

No comments:

Post a Comment