Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Celebrating 11 Months of God’s Faithfulness

Yanthy turned 11 months yesterday and God overwhelmed me with countless things to be thankful for. My heart was filled with praise for Him. He didn’t only answer almost all of my prayers to Him; He also gave us many unexpected blessings.

First and foremost in my list of answered prayers is protection for Yanthy. My son is a very active baby. He’s not yet a toddler but he behaves like one. A lot of people in the airport and in the province mistook him for more than one year old when we had our first family vacation. He kept running around and danced whenever he hears fast tunes or whenever he is asked to dance. Since he started walking, I have been very concerned that he might bump his head or sustain injuries. I thank God that sends guardian angels to protect us including my son. Yanthy wasn’t spared from bumps; but, amazingly God has protected him from getting sick or injured. He would just cry a bit and then after you pick him up, he would smile and resume playing.

I also thank God for blessing Yanthy with good health and the right height and weight. There was a time (Yanthy’s first trimester) when he gained weight very slowly. But since his weight gain picked up around four months old, he has steadily put on the right weight and height for his age. I thank God that he has not developed any allergies even though he has already taken in a lot of solid food. I thank God that I’m able to provide extra protection and nourishment to him through breastfeeding. I thank God that in spite of Yanthy’s very athletic nature, he continues to have the right weight.

I thank God that Yanthy continues grow to be an intelligent baby. We noticed that he has good memory. He’s quick to remember things that we’ve taught him. He has already recognized and remembered the faces and names of his first cousins as well as other immediate relatives. If you ask him where his cousin, uncle or grandparents are, he would readily point at them. He knows how to take off his own clothes and diaper. He also helps me out when I dress him up. He knows where the bathroom is and walks towards the bathroom when you say that it’s time for his bath. At 11 months also, he has spoken some words which pleasantly surprised us. One time, while I was giving him mashed banana and telling him what I was feeding him with, he said, “Banana.” Then, a few weeks ago, while my mother was changing his diaper, he said, “Lolo,” while pointing to my father who was lying in bed at that time. Of course, my parents were very happy to hear and witness that. He also remembers how his grandpa laughs. When you ask him how his grandpa laughs, he would gamely mimic it. He also imitates us whenever he hears anyone in our household cough.

I’m grateful too that Yanthy is a very sociable child. He is very friendly and readily smiles or waves to say “hi” or “bye” to the people around him. He isn’t afraid to make friends with other kids. Yanthy is very sweet and affectionate, too. He likes to kiss me and his Daddy. He likes to embrace us and cuddle with us.

Most of all, I’m grateful that Yanthy has learned to pray with us. Whenever we say it’s time to pray, he puts his hands together right away. Most of the time, he also claps after putting his hands together as if praising God. He already knows how to raise his hands to praise God. He remembers where Jesus’ pictures or images are in our house. He pays attention when I read the readings and the reflections for the day to him.

I am amazed at how God has enabled me and George to raise this beautiful, smart and healthy baby. We hardly knew anything about raising children but God has enabled us by giving us wisdom and guidance. He has blessed the works of our hands and provided for our material needs. Although initially we thought that we were not ready to have a child, God proved to us that we already are because of His graces.

I thank God for the past 11 months that He has given us so much joy and fulfillment through our son, Yanthy. Truly, every good and perfect gift is from above and Yanthy is one perfect gift to us. I praise and thank God!


TG
091609

No comments:

Post a Comment