Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise from our Balcony

Our orchid Pinky in bloom.
I almost could not believe my eyes as I looked at our balcony and saw our orchid with flowers once more.

It has been months or maybe a year since Yanthy and I last saw our orchid, whom we named Pinky, with flowers. For many months, seeing Pinky without flowers, looking dry and seemingly dead made me and my son sad. There were days when we thought that Pinky’s already dead but we did not have the heart to give up on Pinky. We chose not to throw our orchid. We chose to not to give up hope that one day we will see Pinky with flowers again. We kept on watering our orchid and exposing it to the sun in our balcony.

Thus, imagine our joy and amazement as we saw Pinky blooming in our balcony in all her glory! Pinky had three pale pink with white flowers in bloom and three more buds waiting to wow me and my son! Amazing! We wouldn’t be this surprised and in awe if we didn’t know what happened in the past months or year. It pained us to glance at our window day after day and see Pinky in our balcony without flowers. But God turned our sadness into gladness and rejoicing! So, we hurriedly took pictures of Pinky again so that we have a remembrance of how beautiful her flowers have bloomed after what seemed to be a very long wait.

Then, it dawned on me that God used Pinky to encourage me and give me hope today by reminding me that He makes all things beautiful in His time. I realized that just like with Pinky, I should not give up on my dreams and prayer requests especially if I know deep in my heart that I seek to do God’s Will through these dreams and blessings.

So just like in today’s Psalm (27:13-14), I choose to believe that “I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” I choose to “wait for the Lord with courage; be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.”

The message in my desk calendar confirms this message from God. It says: Keep believing. Trusting God doesn’t mean staying put and doing nothing. Trusting Him means doing all you can with all He gave you – with Him on your side.

Yes, that’s what I’ve been doing and will continue to do. I will do what is necessary within my abilities to make my dreams a reality and my prayers to be answered. Then, I will wait for the Lord to surprise and wow me just as He did today from my balcony. I praise and thank the Lord for speaking volumes to me in the magnificence of His creations! Thank you, Pinky for being God’s instrument in inspiring me to keep believing even when I do not see.

No comments:

Post a Comment