Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tiptoe to Put Placemats

Crochet placemat made by my mom.
I remember when my eldest son was still a toddler and he could hardly reach our dining table. He would tiptoe just to help me put our placemats on our table. He’s such a sweet and helpful little boy.

As I lovingly recalled those times, I asked God why He reminded me of them. What lesson does He want me to learn?

This was what He taught me: A lot of times, you need to stretch yourself to achieve your goals or fulfill your dreams. Do not be intimidated if right now they seem to be beyond your reach. Learn from the example of your son who tiptoed to reach your dining table and put your placemats. What “dining table” are you trying to reach now? What “placemat” are you trying to put in place? What kind of stretching is required of you now to achieve your goal or dream?

Wow! What powerful insight and lesson from a seemingly simple act! And yet, they are so true especially to me at this time of my life. I feel that God is really stretching me and pushing me out of my comfort zone. With this new insight, He is encouraging me again to go beyond my perceived limits about myself and my abilities.

How about you, my dear Mommy friend? Is God also asking you to “tiptoe” now? Do you feel intimidated or afraid because that “dining table” seems too high? Come, join me. Let us lift our little hands to the Father and ask for grace so we could stretch our selves some more. Let us not give up on “putting our placemats.” God says to us, “Just keep trying. Don’t lose heart. You can do it! Stretch some more and soon you’ll put it in place.”


“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” - Galatians 6:9

Mommy TG

No comments:

Post a Comment