Sunday, October 21, 2012

Counting on God to Fulfill My Dreams

I prayed the song I'm Counting On God last Thursday night before I started working on one of my articles.  I was pressed for time because my article was due the following day.  I've been trying to work the whole week but I found it very difficult because we only have one maid now and we have two kids to take care of aside from the house chores that need to be done.  I was somehow in panic mode and getting worried over my deadlines -- articles for magazines and the deliverables for my current HR project (job descriptions, company policies and training program).  I was also thinking of how we'll settle the balance for our townhouse which is due at the end of the month.  (You may click here and here to know the story behind this move we made out of faith in God.) Aside from these, I have started working on book projects that God inspired me to work on together with some friends.  With all these concerns in my mind, I chose to stop and simply told God that I can in no way do all or finish the things that I need to do without His help and grace.  I knew deep inside that I can count on God to empower me to do all that He has called me to do at this time of my life.  I was confident in God's strength and power to deliver me and my family from our worries and troubles.  I was confident in His provisions even though I do not have the amount I need yet in my pockets.  I let my soul soak in the message of the song as I listened to it repeatedly while reading some materials and while working on my article.
 
The following day, I read this message in my desk calendar:
"Test me now in this," says the Lord of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows..." - Malachi 3:10 (NASB)
 
It was very timely.  The temptation not to tithe regularly is strong when we experience financial challenges.  But through this verse, God reminded me that as I give to Him faithfulfully, acknowledging that all good things come from Him, He will provide for my needs and that of our family.
 
I continued to work on my article.  I wanted to go to Mass that day and I prayed that I'd be able to submit my article early so I can make it to the Mass at Feast Sucat and listen to the talk on Unlimited Earthly Rewards.  I could not explain why I had a strong prompting last Friday to attend Feast Sucat at SM Sucat.  My family and I normally attend The Feast at PICC on Sundays.  We missed the talk last Sunday because we celebrated my eldest son's birthday.  I finished it by afternoon of Friday.  I yielded to the Holy Spirit's leading and went to SM Sucat with my kids.  We met my husband there since he came from work.  It was our first time to attend there.
 
I felt happy when I heard the song Shout to the Lord being played while waiting for the Mass to start.  God usually used that song  in my past experiences to assure me of a victory or to usher in the unfolding of a miracle or prophecy to be fulfilled.  I participated in the Mass with joyful anticipation.
 
Then, the worship started.  I was pleasantly surprised when the first song sang was the very same song I had been singing in my time of prayer -- I'm Counting on God!  I danced and sang my heart out during the worship.  I felt that God has honored my prayer and is telling me that I have done the right thing to count on Him to provide for my needs and fulfill my dreams.
  
   



The second worship song sang moved me to tears.  The song was Who You Are.  It was a spirit-filled and powerful worship.  Listen to the song here and you'll know why. :)




The talk started and I was amazed at how perfect the talk was for me and my family's situation.  After the talk, it was very clear to me why God allowed us to miss the talk in PICC.  He wanted us to listen to Rissa Singson-Kawpeng give the talk because the anecdotes she will share will be perfect for our concerns.  She shared about her parents' challenge before to finish building their house and how God provided for their need.  She also talked about tithing and the lessons that we can learn from the farm.  Guess what verse she highlighted during her talk?

 "Test me now in this," says the Lord of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows..." - Malachi 3:10 (NASB)

Isn't that amazing?  Perfect timing again!  Only God can orchestrate these things!  She shared some more stories and her testimony on how God has shown His faithfulness to her through the years.  I could not help but be encouraged and affirmed since like her, I have sowed in the past years since I was a teenager when I committed my life to the Lord as a college student.  Now, I continue to sow and plant and I feel that God is encouraging me to keep on doing so and expect great rewards even here on earth because He cannot be outdone in generosity and goodness.
 
Here's another passage that was quoted as part of the talk:
 “I promise you,” returned Jesus, “nobody leaves home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property for my sake and the Gospel’s without getting back a hundred times over, now in this present life, homes and brothers and sisters, mothers and children and land—though not without persecution—and in the next world eternal life. (Mark 10:29-30 emphasis mine)

It was an empowering and inspiring talk!  God knew what I needed to hear and He moved heaven and earth to pave the way for me to be there last Friday night.  My heart was filled with thanksgiving and joy.

I came out of SM Sucat's Cinema 4 with a stronger resolve to give to the Lord what is due Him and not to cheat Him by giving less than 10 percent of what we earned this past month/days.  It will be another leap of faith but I'm confident that God will pour out blessing upon blessing upon my family and He can multiply what we have given and are about to give a hundredfold!  And if it is His will, my family would be spending and celebrating Christmas this year in our new house (one of my dreams). :)

I continue to count on God for my many dreams to be fulfilled!  My God is much greater than any of my needs or dreams.  He only needs to will them and my dreams will be fulfilled.  Let me end with a verse I love and used as inspiration when I reserved the new house we got (which sister Rissa quoted during her talk as well): "According to your faith will it be done to you." (Matthew 9:29)
 
UPDATE: In less than 3 weeks after I wrote this post, we found a buyer for one of the condominium units we were selling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment