Friday, January 25, 2013

A Perfect Time to Witness

I felt a strong urge last week to share about the good things that are happening in my life by the grace of God.  I told a sister in our community of my desire to share as well as the blessings God has been showering upon me and my family.  Shortly after I sent her my text message, she sent me back her reply that I will be scheduled to share my testimony the following Friday.  That's tonight!
 
And guess what? I woke up today to very affirming messages from two of the sites I regularly visit as part of my morning prayer routine.
 
The first one is Loyola Press 3 Minute Retreat.  I was particularly struck with today's retreat title, Word Became Flesh.  It struck me because that was the heart of my sharing tonight!  God making His promises alive and fulfilling His Word.  Amazing!
 
Let me share some more lines that empowered and inspired me.
 
We are gifted with glimpses of God's glory and grace and truth.  In our experiences of love, we see the "Word become flesh" with our own eyes... Sharing our experiences keeps them alive and helps them act as witnesses to the glory of the Word made flesh.
 
Then, it goes on further to ask: What glimpses of God's glory and grace and truth have you seen recently?  How would you describe that experience to someone?
 
I was amazed even more and filled with much joy and excitement for the task given to me by God as I read and meditated on the readings for the day and the reflections at Kerygma Family's site.
 
The reflection today featured this verse: “For you will be his witness before all to what you have seen and heard.– Acts 22:15-16
 
The prayer at the end of the reflection inspired me  too for I know that through my simple sharing/story, I could lead people to God.  Here's the prayer:
 
Lord God, grant me the courage to lead others to You… now.
 
The Psalm for today echoes God's call to me:
 

Psalm 117:1, 2
R: Go out to all the world and tell the Good News.
 
The Gospel Acclamation affirms God's call once more.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
I chose you from the world, to go and bear fruit that will last, says the Lord.
 
Last but not least, the Gospel story and the reflection in Sabbath about the Gospel which was about the conversion and life of St. Paul encourages me to continue living my life passionately seizing every opportunity (and sometimes creating opportunities) to spread the Good News or the Gospel of Christ.
 
I praise and thank God for another opportunity to witness for Him and His mighty deeds.  I pray that God would put the right words in my mouth tonight and His Holy Spirit would guide me so that as I share my experience of God's graciousness, mercy and love to me and my family, I would lead more people to Christ and inspire them to trust in Him more.
 
Glory to God!
 
P.S.
Find out what I plan to share tonight at Feast Sucat by clicking here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment