Thursday, January 16, 2014

Success Secret Revealed

Sending out text messages and emails and making calls in between doing household chores, watching over the boys, breastfeeding, homeschooling and trying to put the kids to sleep... That's what I've been doing these past days. To say that all these activities exhausted me would be an understatement. Maybe, I should say drained... But I'm too tired and too pressed for time to think of a better word. I guess that if you're a mom with small boys and you don't have a maid at home to help you out, you'll know what I mean. ;)
 
My days had been this busy many times last year and many days this new year. I don't think I could keep up or last long with this kind of lifestyle if every time I'm drained I'm not able to recharge or I'm not able to get my refill. How do I do that, you might ask?
 
My not-so-secret success strategy in getting refilled or recharged, most especially on days when I easily get drained, is making time for prayer and worship. I make time to meditate on God's Word during my personal time of prayer, throughout the day as I carry out my tasks and during the Mass.
 
This strategy never fails me. It helps me focus on my priorities and goals. It helps me fulfill my mission - not perfectly though. But through these times of prayer, I am reminded whenever I stray from my path that I should make some adjustments.
 
Today has been one challenging day again. I don't have the luxury of time to detail my adventures in this post now but I think you already have some idea because of how I began this post. :)
 
It would have been easier for me if I simply skipped going to Mass with my two sons (a 2 year old and a 5 year old) tonight. I could have worked on some of the tasks in my looong to-do list. But by the grace of God, I was able to let go of that urge and go to Mass instead. I thank God for the grace that enabled me to trust in Him that while I pause and pray in church tonight, He is moving. He is working on my behalf. I thank Him for the faith and hope to believe that God can do so much more and sometimes, I need to get out of the way so He can show me how and so that He can perform more miracles for me.
 
As I listened to the priest tonight give his homily, I could not help but smile and be filled with joy, especially when the priest said these words:
 
"If you want to be successful in all your endeavors, you need to make God your first priority."
 
He added, "Jesus was also very busy with his ministry. But no matter how busy he was, he always made time for prayer. Let Jesus' example in today's Gospel inspire you to do the same."
 
I was so grateful to God for putting those words in the mouth of the priest who celebrated Mass tonight. I felt God affirming my decision to still go to Mass even with two little boys that I need to feed and dress up before Mass. I'm sure parents with small children can relate when I say that going out of the house is ALWAYS a production number or a big event when you have small kids and you don't have a maid or nanny (yaya) to help you out with the kids.
 
The wise and encouraging words from the priest reminded me of my guiding verse for my business Full Life Cube Publishing and Events Services. It's from Psalm 1:3 (BBE).
 
He will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, which gives its fruit at the right time, whose leaves will ever be green; and he will do well in all his undertakings.


Full Life Cube's logo inspired by Psalm 1:3
 

I have always believed this truth. That is why I do my best to be like that tree planted near Jesus so that I would be nourished by Him and sustained by Him in all my endeavors.
 
I could choose to work all day and up to the wee hours of the morning daily but I won't be as effective as I want to be if God would not give me the grace to be effective. I could choose to be so systematic and organized but no matter how skilled or competent I am, I am no match to the power and wisdom of God. And so I choose to let God be God of my life, my life dreams and my mission. I choose to let Him take the lead in all my endeavors.
 
Some may find this success tip or strategy too spiritual or religious. I wouldn't blame you because it is indeed spiritual. And why not? We are spiritual beings. We have spirits and only God can nourish our spirits or our souls.
 
Are you also feeling drained? Are you exhausted from the many things you did today? Recharge with God and let Him fill you up again... with His love, His joy, His hope, His wisdom, His peace... Let Him fill you up to the brim so that you can wake up refreshed and renewed in the morning.
 
Let me end by echoing what the priest said in his homily tonight.
 
"If you want to be successful in all your endeavors, you need to make God your first priority."

No comments:

Post a Comment