Monday, August 17, 2009

Struggling In Bed

It's a bit challenging to just rest and stay in bed as my ob-gyne instructed. I had fever since Thursday last week. On top of that, I'm more than a week delayed in my monthly period and the pregnancy test kit showed that I'm positive. So while waiting for my 6 weeks ultrasound, this was what I needed to do - bed rest.

I have so much plans and I wanted to do so many things. I have already planned my week but I will have to wait until next week to do them. I'm not used to inactivity. But I guess God has frustrated my plans again to teach me some lessons. One is that if I truly trust the Lord to provide for our family through my husband, I wouldn't be anxious while I'm not able to contribute financially now. Another is that God wants me to experience my husband's unconditional love. God wants me to see that my husband loves me simply and not what I can do or give. And lastly, that there is a time for everything. Now is the time to be still and remember that God is in control, not me.

I had been struggling in bed but God has been very gracious to me still. He used many good people, people close to me, see how blessed I am to get pregnant at this time. It may not be part of our original plan to have a baby this soon but I guess I will just have to trust again that the God who has been orchestrating the beautiful events of my life knows what is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment