Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Watching Yanthy Upclose

My son, Yanthy, likes to stand up now even though his legs still wobble. He enjoys bouncing up and down when we hold him up. Sometimes he tries to walk while we support him by holding him around his chest. I can see his excitement to do new things. He also loves to roll in our bed and in his crib -- from his back to his tummy and vice versa. When he’s awake, he seems to find so much fun rolling and turning over and making lots of sounds as if telling stories. My husband and I sometimes cannot keep up with him. He’s like an energizer bunny. He’s full of energy. He also giggles and laughs a lot now especially when we play with him. He likes to listen. He really pays attention when someone is talking, even when not to him. When he hears a sound, he stops whatever he is doing and traces where the sound is coming from. It's a delight to watch him grow. Since he was born, I have been busy taking pictures and videos of him to document his growth and development. I post them in his website and in the inner chambers of my heart.

I won’t be able to take care of him personally, watch him closely, witness his milestones and document them if I’m currently working. I’m very grateful to God that He has given me this opportunity and He has enabled me to experience all these. Children really grow fast. It seems like Yanthy was just born yesterday. I hardly noticed that five months have already passed.

I surely miss being able to go around and travel, going to the spa and parlor, conducting trainings, meeting a lot of people at work, going out with friends, earning money through a job, having extra money to splurge on shopping or whatever would catch my fancy, having plenty of sleep and rest. But looking at my baby now, seeing how cute and lovable he is, is enough for me to maybe temporarily turn my back on all those things that I miss. Ecclesiastes 3 says, “There’s a time for everything.” Well, I choose this time to be a time to focus on caring for my baby and watching him grow. It may be a time to miss a lot of the fun stuff I used to do or enjoy but they’re nothing compared to missing my little one’s adorable smile.

I have been tempted a lot of times to work again and just get a yaya for Yanthy. These thoughts usually enter my mind when I’m tired taking care of the baby or stressed and pressured because the household budget is becoming tight. Thankfully, God is always there to remind me that the best use of my time now is to take care of Yanthy and to invest in my marriage. Many times, God would surprise us with provision and financial blessings to assure us that my decision to stop working and stay home is right.

Today is one of those times. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the balance in our checking account is more than what I expected. Deep inside I know it is the Lord who works these wonders. He’s the One who multiplies our resources so that there is nothing that we need that is not supplied. So today as I watch our baby sleep, I took time the to write down my thoughts and reflections. This would surely be very helpful the next time I’m challenged with household concerns or I’m tempted to give up being a hands-on mom.


TG :)
March 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment