Here is the basic recipe.
Whole wheat tortilla
cooked ham sliced into thin squares
1. Spray or brush olive oil on your teflon pan. Don't spray too much. Just enough to make sure your tortilla will not be burned.
2. Heat a whole wheat tortilla over low heat.
3. Sprinkle grated cheese on the tortilla.
4. Scatter ham slices.
5. Add spinach leaves.
6. Cover with another whole wheat tortilla.
7. Check if the tortilla underneath is becoming golden brown. Each side should be done within 2-3 minutes.
8. Turn to the other side to cook the tortilla that was placed on top. Wait for another 2-3 minutes until done.
9. Cut into triangles andd serve while hot.
- You may change the ham into grilled chicken breast strips or choose not to put meat at all.
- You may change the spinach leaves to bell peppers or tomatoes cut into thin strips.
- You may experiment with other fillings that go well with cheese.
Enjoy this delicious and healthy breakfast or snack with your family! You may even involve them including young children because it's so easy to prepare. You can ask the kids to spray oil on the pan before putting on the stove or they can help grate the cheese. The key is to give them a task they are capable of doing or is appropriate for their age. They will surely be more excited to eat something they prepared themselves. It's just like playing to them. Try it!