Monday, October 8, 2012

Receiving an Abundance of Grace

I recently posted in the status of my Facebook account that I had been receiving an abundance of grace from God as I get a lot of inspiration these days to write and work on book projects.  This morning, as I woke up early again to new inspirations, I was amazed to read this message from my desk calendar.
 
"The first blessing of giving to God is not abundance but an abundance mentality."
 
"You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." - 2 Corinthians 9:11
 
I honestly do not know where all the funds needed for my book projects will come.  I also do not know exactly how I can complete them given my very busy schedule as a homeschooling, breastfeeding and work-at-home mom.  BUT, I know deep in my heart that GOD has called me to work on these book projects and I know that He will make a way and provide for all my needs as they arise.
 
As thoughts and ideas flood my mind the moment that I opened my eyes today, I got up and grabbed the devotionals I usually use for my prayer time.
 
God surprised me again as I read the reflection from Didache.
 
At Your Service, Lord!
 
If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ. – Galatians 1:10
 
          I glanced at the clock on my computer monitor. It was 5:40 PM. I shut down my computer, packed my things and hurriedly went down. I felt relieved as I settled in my seat inside our shuttle service. I thanked God for helping me accomplish all that I needed to do that day.
 
I used to work in a multinational company in ParaƱaque. A coaster leaves at exactly 5:45 PM every day to bring northbound employees to the Ayala MRT station. While most of our co-employees worked long hours, I was one of those who worked hard every day to finish my tasks within eight hours.
 
It was challenging to go against the norm. Not all my officemates understood and agreed with my reasons. But I persevered each day for more than five years because I had a burning “yes.” That “yes” was my response to Jesus’ invitation to commune with Him every day in the Holy Mass and to serve Him through a community of single, working professionals. If I had chosen to please my bosses and my officemates then, I won’t be able to offer the prime of my youth to God. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
 
 
Yes, it was a reflection that I wrote for Didache.  I was amazed at it's timing.  I wrote it last year and after submitting them, I already forgot the dates assigned to me.  I felt that reading my own reflection today given my circumstances was God's way of confirming with me that I'm doing these projects to serve Him and to bless His people.
 
I worked on my laptop as soon as I finished my prayer time.  Then, as I was about to send my email to my co-author for one of the books I'm working on, I received this message on my inbox. 
 
God is using you for His special purpose.
To shine His light.
To share His love.
To shape His people.
 
You are making a difference in ways you don't even realize --
And you are very much appreciated.
 
"God is able to make all grace abound to you,
so that in all things at all times,
having all that you need,
you will abound in every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:8
 
You may click here to see the ecard.
 
This is so amazing!  I recently blogged about God's universe conspiring to help us and affirm us and it has happened again to me today.  I am overwhelmed with joy!  The God I serve is truly awesome!
 
These words from God energize me to persevere in these projects I have started.  I know that God Himself will assist me and the people I will be working with to bring it to completion because He knows my heart.  He knows that this is something I'm really passionate about and this is something I want to do because it would bless and make a difference to many.
 
To God be the glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment