Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Flowers for me from my baby

I received six (6) flowers from my youngest son, Mateo, yesterday. He did not pick them from our garden or bought them from a flower shop. He picked them from the board book we were reading before his nap. He picked them one by one and offered each one with a smile.

His loving gesture certainly warmed my heart and put a big smile on my face.

I believe that it's still a long way to the day when he will give flowers to another girl. So I will hold on to these memories as long as I can and enjoy them while I am the only special woman in his heart/life.

I know that it's his way of saying "I love you" to me. 
 
I love you, too, baby! Thank you for the flowers you gave me. I love them!
 

Our Brainy Baby board book 
 
I praise and thank God for giving me this opportunity to work from home most of the time. This kind of work set up provides me with many heartwarming moments like this one. Because of the kind of lifestyle that I have, I get to spend more quality time with my kids.
 
Even my eldest son does this to me. Sometimes, he gives me real flowers. Other times, he would ask his Dad to buy flowers for me. One time, he saw some flowers on the center island while we were inside our vehicle on our way to an appointment, he said, "Those flowers are for you, Mommy!" Then, he pretended to pick them for me. How sweet!
 
I once read that investing time with our kids while they are babies or while they are young is one of the best investments we will make in life. I believe that this is true whether you are a Dad or a Mom. Kids grow very fast! So fast that even when you stay home all the time or most of the time, you would still agree with that statement. I had been a full time stay-at-home mom when we only had our eldest but I still felt that time went by so fast.
 
Thus, I plan to work from home at least until my youngest son is seven years old. That's still a little more than five years from now. I pray that God would continue to let me enjoy this kind of lifestyle.
 
UPDATE (August 15, 2013)

Mateo gave me flowers again this morning while we were reading The Three Little Pigs. He saw a big purple flower on the last page of the storybook then gave it to me. When he noticed the smaller white flowers, he gave them to me, too.

After that, I asked him if he wanted to play with our keyboards. He said yes. He played with it for a few minutes then pressed the demo key so there was music playing while he played with his stuffed toys. Then he went to me and asked me to dance with him.

So we danced cheek to cheek while swirling around our living room.

*Added this to the Catholic Bloggers Network Monthly Link Up Blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment